EULA.exe is missing; can't open program

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't open Acrobat DC anymore since EULA.exe file is missing. Is there a way someone could upload the file for me so that I can download it and solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What message does you get? Can you post a screenshot?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Since I assume you are German, you'll understand what the error says.

screen.png

It's basically "EULA.exe couldn't be found" and if I click ok and search for it in the Acrobat folder, it indeed is not there anymore. Therefore, I think I could fix the problem if somebody just sends me the .exe file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see only a EULA.exe as part of the installation of Acrobat Reader DC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have EULA.exe as part of the Acrobat installation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no EULA.exe in your installation folder under "Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Eula.exe"?

Why am I getting this error message when I open up Acrobat DC? What causes it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I can open Adobe Acrobat without this message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could too before. It only appeared yesterday. And since then I can't open the program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair the Acrobat Installation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it installed some things but still same error.

I will wait until someone else posts a possible solution. Maybe there is something else to do in order to fix it. Thanks for your help though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned, the end user license agreement (EULA) executable is just an acknowledgement for the user who will use Adobe Reader DC.

When you install Adobe Reader DC and open it for the first time, this acknowledgement should pop-up once, the user clicks on "Accept" and it shouldn't bother anymore after acceptance.

The problem seems to be that at one point you might've have Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat Pro installed in the same current user account.

Or a particular PDF that you're opening in Acrobat may have malformed data or embedded code that, for some unknown reason, is invoking Adobe Reader DC.

OR, like some other users are reporting, the operating system keeps reverting the default PDF viewer to Adobe Reader DC, even if it was uninstalled before.

Unfortunately, Both programs (Acrobat and Reader) share some of the same libraries, plugins, system services and collaboration workflow actions. And some of these services  will interact as soon as you open Acrobat or Reader it doesn't matter which. 

The same occurs if you let the operating system handle unsupervised updates or downloads automatically.

What I would do in this case, is to close Acrobat, then download and install the latest release of Adobe Reader so you can see exactly in which folder the EULA executable and all other Reader system files install. Then uninstall it using the appropriate method, not from the Control Panel in the MS Windows settings.

Only the installation package (.msi) for a program (specially in Adobe programs) know how to uninstall themselves.

Using any other uninstall method provided with the operating system may leave behind traces of the software in folders and subfolders unknown to the user.

My second recommendation would be to run the Acrobat Cleaner and Repair tool:

After you've done this, ensure that you make Adobe Acrobat Pro DC the default PDF viewer/handler in your operating system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this too daily.  Driving me crazy!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent all of the day trying to fix this eula.exe missing issue.  I have tried a number of suggestions on the open internet.  Nothing worked.  Microsoft had hyjacked the default setting for pdf's with microsfot edge.  after I changed the default setting back to Adobe Acrobat DC, this probelm started. Help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines