• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time we right-click a Word doc and select the option to convert to PDF, we get the following error: "An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF."

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10, Office 2016 and Adobe Acrobat 2017 Professional. I can create a PDF from within Word by either saving as PDF or printing to PDF. But both options from Adobe fail with the same error. It doesn't matter whether I right click the file and choose Convert to Adobe or open Adobe and select Create a PDF from file.

I have tried all of the solutions being offered here, and none have seemed to work. I also found it very disturbing that even though I just bought the licenses to the product, there is no options for actually talking or emailing Adobe about my problem.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robertj,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are getting an error message "PDFMaker was unable to produce Adobe PDF" when creating a PDF from Word, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating any updates and see if this brings any difference.

Reset the Acrobat's Preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the Preferences, refer to the steps mentioned in the Adobe article Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

You can also refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe article and discussions Troubleshoot Acrobat PDFMaker issues in Microsoft Office on Windows

PDFMaker quits and does not create a PDF from MS Office 2007

Unable to convert Word doc to PDF, Error: "An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was unable to prod...

What is the dot version of Adobe Acrobat installed, to identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri,

Actually,  that is the opposite of my problem. As I stated in my original problem, I can only create PDF's from within Word. I can both print to Adobe and Save As PDF. The problem is from within Adobe itself. I cannot Create PDF from a Word file nor can I just right click the file and choose convert to PDF.

I checked for updates and there were none. When I went to this site, https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8841. It never mentioned Adobe Professional 2017 at all. This did not help me with my problem whatsoever. As for, https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301988 I did everything there and had the exact same problem. Adobe will not create PDFs from Word documents from within Adobe. I have to log onto Word to create the PDFs.

I would love some help with this problem, but it seems as though no one knows how to solve the issue.

v/r

Bob Lawson

[personal info removed by mod: phone number]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to include the fact that I am using Adobe Acrobat Professional 2017 Version #2017.011.30080

v/r

Bob Lawson

[personal info removed by mod: phone number]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robertj,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please download and install the latest patch of Acrobat from help>check for updates, or install it manually from 17.011.30096 Planned update, July 10, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Reboot the machine and check. If the issue persists, please reset the Preferences once, to reset the Preferences, refer to the steps mentioned in the article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If you still experience any issue, use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat 2017 from Download Acrobat 2017

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me, but I did discover what I think is the real culprit. I work for the US government and I think it may be our security that is stopping it. Now when I try to convert a .docx to .pdf I first get this error:

Capture2.JPGfollowed by this error:

I can't change the security settings within our system.Capture1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robertj,

If it is possible to contact the IT team and ask them to disable the security software temporarily for testing purpose only and check. Also, ask them to create a test user profile with full admin rights and check.

If you still experience any issue, I will request you to contact the Adobe support team so that they can investigate by scheduling a remote session and can assist you accordingly Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,

I am having the same problem as described by Robert. My softwares are Windows 10, Office 365 and Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020. I used to have Acrobat Pro 2017, but did not have this issue. Only when I upgraded to Acrobat Pro 2020, I faced this issue. I do not think I have security issues with Microsoft Office applications, but I'd love to hear any suggestions or workaround to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines