• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel hyperlink opens pdf only full screen

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large Excel file with many links to pdf documents. The links were created by a Visual Basic macro. Clicking on a link opens the correct document, but only in full screen mode. Opening the same document any other way (usually Windows File Explorer) does not default to full screen mode. The document's Properties show Page layout and Magnification both as Default and "Open in Full Screen mode" is NOT checked on the Initial View tab. Acrobat Preferences, Full Screen just has checked boxes for "Alert when document requests full screen", "Escape key exits", and "Left click to go forward...". Acrobat Preferences, Page Display shows "Single Page Continuous" Page Layout and 100% Zoom. How can I get the Excel link to open a pdf other than in full screen mode? Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the VB Macro has some preferences set or needs some overriding preferences set. Can you edit the parameters of the VB Macro?

-Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens when I manually Hyperlink from an Excel cell to an "Existing File or Web Page" pdf document, with no macro involved or options beyond "Text to display".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The VBA subroutine command is cell.Hyperlinks.Add and its parameters are Anchor, Address, SubAddress, ScreenTip, and TextToDisplay. Nothing about full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologise for bumping an old post though I have the exact same issue and wondered if you or anyone managed to find a fix for this.

I regularly hyperlink 1,000s of pdfs in excel for auditing purposes. My problem is this:

• Openign a PDF from explorer opens an additional tab in the Acrobat window without changing the size of the window, however
  • opening a PDF from a hyperlink in Excel forces Acrobat into full screen mode. 

I dont have any macros running in the Excel file and have the same Acrobat settings as yourself (OP). In addition I have changed my registry entry for bLastExitNormal to '0' but without effect (another forum suggested changing 'bLastExitNormal' from '1' to '0' in the following registry path 'HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobt\DC\ExitSection').

In case it helps I'm running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (continuous release 2021,001,20142) on Windows 10 (version 20H2)

Any further suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I don't get the actual Full Screen mode, it just opens Adobe Acrobat in a maximized window (even if it was already open in minimized view). It will begin launching in a smaller window as it was when I last closed it, and then maximizes as the document opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably possible to do it by editing the links' properties, but to do so automatically will require either a plugin or a stand-alone tool. If you're interested I could probably create for you the latter, for a fee.

You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines