Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exctracting pages according to a word

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have several PDFs and i wish to extract a single page from each of them.

I would put all the files into a folder and then open one by one. When i find a world that i decide, the batch would extract the page in which it's found, close the source file and go on with the next one.

The n pages need to be melted in a single binder.

I have no idea how to program software into Adobe, can you help me?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a simple task for someone without any Acrobat JavaScript experience. If you want to do it yourself you'll have quite a steep learning curve ahead of you. I would recommend starting with a simpler task and then moving on to more complex ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have basics of C++ and MatLab, how can i write code in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat uses JavaScript. Load the sequ files you downloaded in Acrobat and then you'll be able to see the actions in them via Tools - Action Wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll find some Acrobat Action (batch) scripts here that will help you to do this.

https://www.acrobatusers.com/actions-exchange/index.html

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded some and i notice they're in xml format, for example

<Group label="Convert to PNG">
		<Command name="WorkflowPlaybackSaveFiles" pauseBefore="false" promptUser="false">
			<Items>
				<Item name="AddToBaseName" type="boolean" value="false"/>

Do you have a list of instructions about those? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ".sequ" (Action) file is an XML definition that Acrobat loads. You can get to the actual script in the "Action Wizard" panel in Acrobat.  However, some of these Actions are for previous versions of Acrobat, and while they will load and Operate in Acrobat DC, Acrobat may not allow these actions to be edited. But it's not too difficult to extract the scirpt from the ".sequ" file. You'll notice that normally escaped characters are replaced with an HTML encodeing. For example \n is encoded as "&#xD;". To convert this you'll to get and HTML entity decoder, or write one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What doi you mean here?

you'll to get and HTML entity decoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, there are some typos. Typing too fast.

I meant, you'll need to get an HTML entity decoder. If you've ever written HTML you'll know that certain symbols can't be used in the text, such as "<" and ">".  These are called entities and in HTML they are encoded with a special format. You see this in the JavaScript code in the ".sequ" file.

Anyway, before going down this path, just load the sequ file into Acrobat and see if you can edit the Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines