• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expandable Text Fields in Forms

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to create expandable text fields in a form I am creating.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and also Creative Cloud.

I can't seem to figure it out.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.  tcazan

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

There is no feature in Adobe Acrobat that can expand or resize a text filed dynamically.

More importantly, I don't think there is even a way to reflow PDF content in every other page (or pages) in a document where various text fields collapse or expand.

In Acrobat what is referred to as expanding is two basic settings that you enable in text field objects:

• Scroll long tex
  • Mulit-line

Otherwise you will need some sort of Javascripting advanced knowledge to work around this, like for example using th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no feature in Adobe Acrobat that can expand or resize a text filed dynamically.

More importantly, I don't think there is even a way to reflow PDF content in every other page (or pages) in a document where various text fields collapse or expand.

In Acrobat what is referred to as expanding is two basic settings that you enable in text field objects:

• Scroll long tex
  • Mulit-line

Otherwise you will need some sort of Javascripting advanced knowledge to work around this, like for example using the spawn method, layering, and other techniques, to make it in such  way that it looks and behaves like text fields are collapsing or expanding.

Maybe what you're referring to is actually how formfields are expanded or collapsed using Creative Suite designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently this is a feature being considered by Adobe... but we need to upvote it in order for Adobe Softwear engeneers to understand how BASIC and important it is for Form users to have expaning fields! 

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/18999883-create-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines