• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding text field

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need help on how to resolve the issue of not being able to expand a text field.  I did alot of research and most of the answers lead to live cycle and AEM, I'm a novice in creating form and doesn't know anything about javascript, I also don't have the ability to recreate the forms I made to AEM or livecycle. I selected "multi line" so user can enter several lines and unchecked "scroll to text" coz I know this one will not be printed out. I have tried creating big boxes to accommodate the whole entry but still sometimes user will have to use a whole page for explanation/recommendations. I also tried selecting Auto for font size but it doesn't look good that this part will be a different font size than the rest of the form.

Is there any solution with this rather than changing to livecycle or AEM? Please help.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC doesn't have the capability of creating dynamic fields like livecycle and AEM forms.

There are some ways to use Acrobat JavaScript in a way that would make field objects behave in a similar manner but that still is not even close to an expandable text field object; more importantly, to have the ability to reflow the whole content of a page (or other pages) as the field expands or collapses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! so I really have no choice than to redo the forms I made to AEM coz I found out livecycle will be obsolete or is obsolete already. But will the user still be able to use the form with full functionality by just Adobe reader? how about using their mobiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a paid subscription with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC you'll be able to achieve full signing and filling functionality by implementing the Adobe  Sign tool in your workflow. 

This allows users to be able to fill and sign a PDF using  a web browser and/or with  mobile devices without the need of Adobe Reader DC , for example.

Is this what you're inquiring about?

Some JavaScript functionality  may not perform up to par when the same PDF is sent via email as an attachment to an email recipient, and then viewed directly in a web browser or in the Acrobat Reader mobile app (i.e.  mebedded hyperlinks or weblinks, embedded audio or video,  etc.). 

Some JavaScript coding  may not execute at all due to Reader enable rights that depend on a trusted versus non-trusted privilege execution context. So these are things to keep in mind depending on the type of PDF that you're developing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF-XFA forms created with LiveCycle Designer cannot be opened with any mobile application, they can be read with a desktop (Mac/Windows) version of Acrobat (Reader, Pro, Standard) only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you switch to LCD/AEM forms you'll be solving one issue and creating many others for yourself. I would strongly advice against it.

If the issue is printing it out one possible solution is to create pages with large, blank fields at the end of the document and then copy the text to them when it is printed, and adding a "See page X" text in the original fields. This requires a custom-made script, though. I've created such scripts for my clients in the past and would be happy to create one for you, too, for a fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines