• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export fillable PDF field properties

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a way to export the field properties of a fillable PDF. Not the actual data within the fields, but the information about the field itself (X/Y location, field type etc). Ideally this would come out as a CSV, but XML or other format would also be acceptable.

Theoretically, I would like to be able to take this exported data, and apply the same fields to a different PDF document.

rcshelto_0-1595966251595.png

Thank you

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to use a script, and study the various methods and properties of the Field object, in order to be able to do it.

For example, a field doesn't have a "width" or a "height" property. Its location is described by the "rect" property, which defines the top-left and bottom-right corners in an array of 4 numbers. From that array you can deduce the width, height, exact location on the page, etc.

And some things a script doesn't have access to at all. For example it can't know anything about the Format, Keystroke, Validation, Calculation or Actions associated with the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info try67. Do you know of an example script floating around? This is a relatively new area for me, and I'm not sure where the methods/properties of the Field object actually live, or how to get to them outside of Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of this information is available in the JavaScript for Acrobat API Reference document, which is a part of the Acrobat SDK, which can be found here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat.html

I've created similar tools in the past for my clients, so if you're interested in someone creating it for you (for a fee, of course), feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you want use the same fields in a other document you can use replace pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip. My current use case involves an outside software that is similar in some ways to Adobe, but not Adobe itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines