• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Powerpoint to PDF preferences not available

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to access the preferences in ppt for exporting to acrobat but I get a pop up and it doesn't give me any options to change the settings, has anyone come across this before? I just want to be able to export a powerpoint to pdf but keep the actions/link settings but the conversion settings aren't available in the tab, when i press ok it just closes the pop up

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 11.02.21.png

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Yes, it's because you and I are on Macs. If you have Acrobat installed, you should have a Create and Share button on the Home tab.

jane-e_2-1593515442376.png

When you click it you will get this message box:

jane-e_1-1593515391680.png

But unfortunately, we don't get to set Preferences like Windows users do.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's because you and I are on Macs. If you have Acrobat installed, you should have a Create and Share button on the Home tab.

jane-e_2-1593515442376.png

When you click it you will get this message box:

jane-e_1-1593515391680.png

But unfortunately, we don't get to set Preferences like Windows users do.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not blame Adobe, it is the responsibility of Apple which has locked its "PDF Services".

Preferences on Windows:

POWERPNT_wjPDhBsCSN.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane, is there an alternative way to export ppts to pdf but keep the action buttons and links interactivity, if I do save as it loses all the interactivity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the Apple jauggernaut affects all Mac users who want to make interactive or accessible PDFs from any Office program on Macs.

The screen shot above from JR_Boulay is of PDF Maker on Windows, an Acrobat plug-in that Adobe installs into MS Office/Windows. You see the extensive controls Windows users have. Since PDF Maker isn't available on Macs, nor is there anything else like it, most Mac designers port their MS Office projects to Windows and export interactive PDFs from there.

Also, you can use Adobe's cloud converter, which you see in jane-e's reply above.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bevi, I do have acrobat installed but the create and share pdf button doesn't seem to show on my home tab? any idea on why or how i get this up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CreativeScarlett,

What do you see in PowerPoint > Preferences? My Home tab on the right shows that I already have Adobe > Creative Cloud, as I showed in my earlier screen shot of the ribbon. On the left side, it's under "C" for Creative Cloud, not "A" for Adobe. If it's there for you, you should be able to add it. Otherwise, I'll keep looking.

Also, are you on the Home tab?

~ Jane

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CreativeScarlettAbbott,

No, we lose the interactivity when converting from Office to Adobe PDF. That's the sole reason I have Windows installed on my Mac. After I convert with interactivity, I bring the file back to the Mac side of my computer. As JR said, it's Apple that's locked it down. I ask the Adobe folks every time I see them in person at conferences in hopes that this will someday change.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines