• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export value to text field, from dropdown menu selection

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new here and fairly new to creating PDF forms. Here is what I am trying to accomplish on my PDF form. I created a Drop Down Menu labeled "procedure" and in the Properties-Options Item section I entered surgery names, and in the Export Value field their corresponding procedure code. My hopes are when selecting their name from the drop down menu it will insert their procedure code in a text field labeled "CPT", that's the function I am trying to figure out. I don't need to have the ability to custom enter text, the export will always be based off the single selection from the drop down menu. Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

It's easily done. As the custom calculation script of the text field enter this:
event.value = this.getField("procedure").valueAsString;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easily done. As the custom calculation script of the text field enter this:
event.value = this.getField("procedure").valueAsString;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Code works fine. but

when I select any item from dropdown menu value update to text filed.

When select "average: from dropdown menu value send to text field: 1, if select "good" value sent to text field: 2

but value not update instantly, when mouse click to blank space of form value updated according to dropdown item value. I want to update my text field data instantly, when select dropdown box. 

how I will do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines