Highlighted

Export value to text field, from dropdown menu selection

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new here and fairly new to creating PDF forms. Here is what I am trying to accomplish on my PDF form. I created a Drop Down Menu labeled "procedure" and in the Properties-Options Item section I entered surgery names, and in the Export Value field their corresponding procedure code. My hopes are when selecting their name from the drop down menu it will insert their procedure code in a text field labeled "CPT", that's the function I am trying to figure out. I don't need to have the ability to custom enter text, the export will always be based off the single selection from the drop down menu. Thank you in advance!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

It's easily done. As the custom calculation script of the text field enter this:
event.value = this.getField("procedure").valueAsString;

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export value to text field, from dropdown menu selection

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new here and fairly new to creating PDF forms. Here is what I am trying to accomplish on my PDF form. I created a Drop Down Menu labeled "procedure" and in the Properties-Options Item section I entered surgery names, and in the Export Value field their corresponding procedure code. My hopes are when selecting their name from the drop down menu it will insert their procedure code in a text field labeled "CPT", that's the function I am trying to figure out. I don't need to have the ability to custom enter text, the export will always be based off the single selection from the drop down menu. Thank you in advance!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

It's easily done. As the custom calculation script of the text field enter this:

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0