Highlighted

Exporting comments from a PDF to text, Word or excel.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export comments made in a PDF for someone who hasn't got (and will not get) adobe acrobat. The datafiles are useless for me, I just need the comments as plain text together with page references. Is this impossible? I have tried to look at previous post on the topic here, but they are so old that the solutions aren't valid anymore. I have the latest versions installed.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting comments from a PDF to text, Word or excel.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export comments made in a PDF for someone who hasn't got (and will not get) adobe acrobat. The datafiles are useless for me, I just need the comments as plain text together with page references. Is this impossible? I have tried to look at previous post on the topic here, but they are so old that the solutions aren't valid anymore. I have the latest versions installed.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a (paid-for) tool that does it a long time ago, but it's still completely valid and will work with the current version of Acrobat. You can find it here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2008/11/acrobat-create-comments-summary-txt-pdf.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okej, then that is one way to go, even if it might not be worth $60 in my case. But are you claiming that there is no built in function to do this at all? What is the point in being able to summarize comments otherwise? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Comments Summary option produces only a PDF file and is very limited in how it can be customized.

My script can be customized to your exact needs, and can produce a PDF file or a text file, or a file that can be opened in Excel (like CSV or a tab-delimited text file). Contact me privately to discuss it further, please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 1