• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting data with acrobat dc

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can one export data with Acrobat DC from a LiveCycle Designer form? One cannot open this kind of form in Acrobat DC for preparation and get to the tool to do it, like in Acrobat XI or before ...

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

You can use also "Merge Data files into Spreadsheet" in Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Tools search for "export data" and click on "Export Data..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. But it is not what I actually want. Your option is correct, but export is in xml-format only. I would like to export all data into the .csv-format, to be able to extract data from more than one form and collect them in excel. Do you know the answer to that as well? Thank you for your effort!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An LCD form can only be exported as XML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, there is no way to extract the data from say 100 answers from a lcd-form to excel, like there was before in Acrobat XI and before? That is quite a desaster, isn't it? For normal PDF-Acroforms it is not practical too: You have to open a file and prepare it as a form, to be able to get to the tools to extract data from a bunch of other forms ... Or is there another way? I am not a fan of acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you use in Acrobat XI and before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this was ever possible to do using Acrobat, but I might be wrong... You can always write a custom-made script that does it, if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no guys, it is perfectly possible in Acrobat XI and before. I use it all the time:

In Acrobat XI go to Tools/Forms/More Form Options/Merge Data files into Spreadsheet. Then choose your LCD-Files, saved as dynamic xml-forms in the pdf-format and all is fine. This doesn't work in DC anymore. I prefer to stay with Acrobat XI, I get so often frustrated with the layout of DC ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: When choosing the LCD-forms, Acrobat suggests to save the resulting file in xml. Open up the file type list and choose csv instead. This opens with one click in excel. And voilà, all there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use also "Merge Data files into Spreadsheet" in Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACP: "You can use also "Merge Data files into Spreadsheet" in Acrobat DC."

Yes!!! That's it, that is what I want to do. That works with LCD-forms too. Great, thank you!

But, isn't it kind of stupid, that you do not find this command with the tools, but only as an extra option when you search for something like "merge". I say it again, Acrobat XI solved its user interface much better. No?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to extracting the data from a single form.

If it worked with the Merge Data into Spreadsheet command before then it should still work using the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat XI export data will also produce a xml file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I said...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with LiveCycle Designer form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export the data using this method, I only get the header of my pdf form exported to the csv file.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this an LCD form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines