• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting fields from fillable pdf into excel?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fillable pdf form that people complete.  I want to be able to export just the fillable fields into excel as a batch.  This was very easy in the old Acrobat "export data from forms" function.  I can't figure out how to do it using Acrobat DC.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

It's still there, Use the tool search,

Also see this discussion

Re: Forms export to Excel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

You can't export the form data to an existing Excel file. You can use the Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet command to create a new file with all the data from the completed forms you got back from your users, and then import or copy it to an existing one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still there, Use the tool search,

Also see this discussion

Re: Forms export to Excel

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe acrobat pro dc and I'm having issues with exporting filled forms into either a spreadsheet or database such as access? My overall plan is to take this created fallible form and have individuals fill it out send it back to me via email and then I pull that data into one of those sources. I'm just having issues with doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to do this is to use the Distribute Form feature in Acrobat. You'll find it at the bottom of the left side fields panel in Prepare Form Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn’t answer the question of how to put that data into a spreadsheet or database?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting the data into a spreadsheet is part of the form Distribution and collection process.

However, if you want to just put the data into a spreadsheet, then use the options shown at the top of this thread.

If you have already tried these and they didn't work, then please explain what didn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So the form that I have created is not a one time survey its a form that will need to be filled out several times and I need to somehow pull the responses from the fallible form into a spreadsheet or database. I tried to export and all it did was pull the whole form into an excel I would need it to fall into categories in an excel. I'm using Adobe D.C version if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is exactly what I need to be able to do. Did you have any success?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a complete novice with Adobe Pro but I have managed to create a fillable pdf form.  I did not click on the 'Distribute' button when I created the form.  Should I have done this before I sent the form out for applicants to fill in and return? Now, I have the completed forms back , I seem to be able to export the data to Excel, but the fields are not filling in the Excel columns I've created with the same name. Any straightforward advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't export the form data to an existing Excel file. You can use the Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet command to create a new file with all the data from the completed forms you got back from your users, and then import or copy it to an existing one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much try67. I've been struggling with this and your instructions were clear and they worked first time. Brilliant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines