• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra lines when printing

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am printing pdfs of some CAD drawings from Acrobat and when I do so extra black lines are appearing on my printed version that do not appear on the pdf. I've tried printing from Foxit to see if the problem was with the pdf but I only see the error when using adobe. Would appreciate any solutions, thank you.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you could attach an example document to review?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

we are sorry for the trouble. As described, additional black lines anre getting printed when printing the PDF of the CAD files.

++ Adding to the discussion

Please try to print the files as an image and see if that makes any difference. OPen the PDF > Go to Print > Advanced > Print as Image.

Also, are you facing this issue only with the CAD files or with all the PDFs that you print? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC and make sure you have the latest version  20.009.20074 installaed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDFs may contain white elements that are hiding the extra lines, or the layer properties of the extra lines might be set to print, but never view (Foxit might not respect the layer properties or overprinting). Check your Acrobat page display preferences, Use Overprint Preview should be set to Always. You could try running an Acrobat preflight profile to flatten the PDF. 

Discard hidden layer content & flatten.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

Can you provide some info regariding the issue :

1. Acrobat/Reader's version name on which the issue is observed
  2. OS version (WIN/MAC and version)
  3. Printer name, and driver installed
  4. Is the same happening to all CAD file(s) or specific to a set of file only?

For now, you try to print using Print as Image option from Advanced button in the Print Menu; as a workaround.

These questions will let us help with issue validation and verification.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines