• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faint lines appear in table background color when converting from Word 2010

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 7, Word 2010, and Acrobat DC. I have many documents with tables that have cells with colored backgrounds. The backgrounds are converting with annoying faint white lines inside the cells as shown in the attached files. This does not happen with a text box, only tables. If you “edit text and images” in Acrobat and examine this cell you will see that Adobe has carved up the background area into several smaller rectangles. The lines appear where the rectangles meet. It is possible to take the innermost rectangle and manually resize it to cover the entire cell, and this eliminates the lines. But obviously that’s not a practical long-term solution. Anyone have a cure for this?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ConnieGoss,

Thank you for reaching out.

We did check the files and unable to find any faint white lines on PDF shared. We also tried creating a new PDF from the Word file you have shared, and it looks fine.
Could you please share the screenshot of the file as it appears in Acrobat at your end? It will help us to understand the issue.
Please also share the Acrobat version details. You may take the help of the steps as mentioned here: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Here is my Adobe version and a screenshot of what I see on either of my two monitors. The lines show up at most zoom levels. They are faint but noticable enough to annoy.  

  

acrobat-version.png

table-background-screencap.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:  Meenakshi, after you told me that you do not see the lines, I emailed the same pdf to two co-workers. The lines do not show on their computers either. So could it be just a display setting on my machine? I have two monitors and I see the lines on both of them.

Connie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines