Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FATAL ERROR - ACROBAT FAILED TO CONNECT TO A DDE SERVER

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

Need assistance on this one. Life has been miserable with PDF not working properly. 

On 13 April 2020 i was adding some signatures on a few documents when suddenly my laptop jammed and since then onwards it wasn't working well. I can still view files with PDF reader but i am unable to add my signatures anymore 😞 every single time i add the signature and click save, its always missing! 😞 i tried to uninstall and reinstall but unsuccessful! 😞 this is the first time i am experiencing this, please help me...

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IRKA SUKARSI,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with the Adobe application. Would you mind sharing more details about the issue so that we can assist you in a better way?

Are you using to sign the PDF file using the freeware Adobe Reader application or the Acrobat? I assume you are on the latest version of the application 20.006.20042 Planned update, March 17, 2020

If not, please check for any pending updates from the help menu of the application > select check for updates. Reboot the machine and check.

You may also try the following solutions and let us know if that helps: 

Solution 1

Note: It's recommended to take a backup of the Windows registry before making any changes to it. To know more about taking a back, see the help article here.

• Open the Windows Registry Editor:
  • Click Start > Run.
    Type Regedit in the Open field and then click OK.
    Navigate to the following registry key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\acrobat\shell\open\ddeexec\application
  • Take a backup: Right-click the Application key and export it to your desktop.
  • Change the key "AcroviewA18" to "AcroviewR18".
  • (Here, the value of A and R depends on the version of Acrobat installed. For example, for Acrobat 2018, the value will be A18.)
  • Close the registry editor and Acrobat.
  • Relaunch Acrobat and see whether the problem is resolved. If not, try the next solution.

Solution 2

• Check whether an Anti-virus program is installed on the machine.
  • If yes, disable the program. Check whether the problem is resolved.
  • If the issue still persists, please use the Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the installed application.
  • Reboot the machine after the uninstallation.
  • Download and install Acrobat or Adobe Reader.

Please let us know how it goes and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this post because I have the same problem, but intermittently. (which is even more annoying!) I'll pass on your advice to our local support team … one question, though: given that I can't start Acrobat DC at all, I can't check which version I'm (not) running or open Help within the app to check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

If you are still experiencing an issue and receive the error " Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server", please use the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/failed-to-connect-to-dde-server.html 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines