• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Field Calculation Order issue

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a document that we use for raising purchase orders, which adds up multiple form fields, adds GST and calculates totals, subtotals and the grand total of each field.

I was initially having issues with it working, but then realised I had to set all the calculation fields in the correct order. Which worked perfectly, at first.

My issue is, that after a month or two of use, this form breaks and stops adding up correctly, and the field calculation order is all over the place.

Problem fixed when I re-order them, which is easy enough. But i'm wondering if anyone might know why this is happening and if I can prevent it?

I am using Acrobat X Pro, and this form is read and filled in using either the same or Acrobat DC.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I enter values the calculation looks correct:

Bild2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we were entering the cost including GST, this is where we were experiencing the issue.
Since looking into it a bit more yesterday, we realised it may be a possible rounding issue? Turned out the cost was meant to be 0.297, not rounded up to 0.30 before enrty, which the person who had filled the form in had done before sending to us.

But when entered into acrobat, this will round up itself and then give us the correct calculation.

Not sure if anything can be done about the rounding, but now that we know, we can work around this if need be, will just have to keep an eye out and let everyone know not to round anything up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The result of the calculation of 0.30 / 1.10 is:
In the form it displays as 0.27 but the value 0.2727272727272727 is used for the further calculations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines