Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Field for signature with javascript

Participant ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i wonder if it is possible with js to create a field, where users can draw their signature and the drawn signature is then placed automatically to the wanted place.

So i want to speed up this workaround (sorry, just have the german version of acrobat):

Image1.png 

Click on the Sign Button

Image2.png

Click on Insert/Add Signature

Image3.png 

Click on Draw

Image4.png

Uncheck the "save signature" option

So what i want is the last Image and the auto positioning after creation.

Is that possible and if yes what i need for it?

Thank you very much in advance for your knowledge.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this can be done with JS, but if you could share a sample file that has this "field" in it we could give you a more definite answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no field yet. I just want to create an area like a field for the signature as positioning.

I found the function

app.execMenuItem("Annots:Tool:InkMenuItem");

when looking for solutions. This seems like a beginning for the solution.

But this function seems not to work for me. I read this functions have to get whitelisted via Registry. But does every user need this whilelist then to use this command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution for this, because it is exactly what I need right now. I was so happy when i found this question hoping that someone gave you a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in adobe, however I do not know if I submitted my signature. Please let me know if it is correct. Thank you Leslie McDonald.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines