• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill & Sign getting extremely slow and laggy after recent update - Ver. 2020.009.20063

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use fill & sign to simply approving pdf documents. It gets very slow that a simple sign prcedure takes minutes to complete. 

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonawan

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the fill and sign is slow and laggy

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

You may also try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat/Raeder DC (mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > Turn off the protected mode and Uncheck the Enhanced Security
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

Please try to update the application to the new optional update 20.009.20065 and see if that helps. Go to Help > Check for Updates

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your computer behind a router/firewall with a VPN configured with OpenVPN?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My router has openvpn, how does this affect acrobat, which is horribly slow whenever I try to use Fill And Sign.  It goes away for minutes not seconds.

What can we do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is almost a year old and I forgot what was the reasoning behind my question. I can't remember why did I asked this question to the user who initiated this thread.

However,  the issue with OpenVPN at the time was related to a few vulnerabilities with OpenVPN that were introduced with its updates, including backdoors.

It not only affects Acrobat, it affects every program.

However, Acrobat by itself behaves like a backdoor trojan infection, and that is not a personal opinion.

Do your own research and  analyze its behavior;  carefully examine the firewall logs and you'll see for yourself. Then throw in the mix Micrososft Windows and you're pretty much completely unprotected when you're online.

The residential--commercial-grade routers with VPNs that you get for home use won't do absolutely ANYTHING. You have to really spend some big bucks on some firewalling hardware and software and even learn how to create and customize your own to have some sort of control on this issue.

Is too much crap going on in an out of your computer anyway as to have Acrobat advertising itself to the Internet all the time. And there are too many complains of users in these forums about crashes and freezes.

I say again, this is not my personal opinion nor a mere observation, these are facts.

How did all of this netwroking nonsense is related to the signing of a PDF?

Well, like I said earlier, I truly don't remeber but I think I was confusing electronic signatures with digital signatures at that time.

In the case of applying a digital signature, in which case, specifically when the user must sign a PDF document using a smart card and a smart card reader device,  the user must be online so that the digital signature time-stamp is obtained from whatever time-stamp server that organization has configured or the certificate's issuing authority requires. Otherwise the document will not get signed.

What I was trying to imply back then is that  you would never be truly secured and enjoy fast Internet speeds behind a VPN specially if that VPN  is prone to DNS leaks, DDoS attacks, and not configured properly to handle JavaScript sandboxing, app acontainers, securing and cloaking remote administration service ports,  nor be able to protect web browsers that by default have WebRTC protocol enabled (which leaks out and reveals your internal network IP address to the world).

What I am trying to say (since you asked), while Acrobat may offer the highest encryption grade ever when digitally signing documents, and your firewall may stop things that are coming out of your computer from spreading further (or filtering things that are coming into your computer), and the VPN encapsulating and tunneling data packets  to prevent other sorts of things (like DNS leaks and DNS vulnerability attacks), none of these measures prevent the computer users from clicking on things (URLs, file attachments, virus infected files, etc.

Above all things, none of that prevents your Internet Service Provider from  also snooping on and sniffing your Internet connection and/or scanning your computer service ports at random interval (which funny enough these are all old school hacking techniques to discover and identify nodes in a network) ,  and additionally throttling your Internet connection specially when streaming video content (i.e. downloading movies, streaming music, watching a lot of Youtube).  

Secondly, programs like Acrobat that are continuously sending packets in and out of your computer without your explicit consent (like every program nowadays) doesn't make it any easier for a VPN.

In fact the VPN service is hogged because of the excessive  compression and decompression of data that it must encrypt and decrypt while transmitting and receiving such data.

Just this part alone is enough, and not to mention which country region is that VPN configured with, which geographically speaking it makes things even slower when it all breakdowns to upload and download speeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines