• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill and sign error the operation failed because adobe acrobat dc encounter an unknown error

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am having issue with "some" of our PDFs where if I go to do fill & sign & attempt to add a signature it returns with the following error after I attempt to save the changes. 

2021-02-01 19_29_31-Mail - Mark Anthony Smith - Outlook and 7 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

I thought it was because I was opening & saving to a network drive via VPN but when I save the same file locally the issue persisted. 

So I created the PDF using "Print to PDF" from Adobe Acrobat 2015. Save that newly created PDF & the issue was resolved. 

This is a cumbersome process especially with multiple PDFs. Does anyone have a root cause? The PDFs come from different sources so I can't validate how the PDF was created or what application but is this a known issue?

Also I did try to perform updates from the help drop down but there were no updates available. 

Windows 10 Pro x64 Edition 10.0 (build: 17134)

Adobe 2015 (ver 15.006.30527)

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?