Exit

Fillable fields have disappeared

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Im hoping someone might be able to please help me with Acrobat DC Pro

Yesterday I created a large document with numerous fillable fields throughout the document. All was working fine and I could populate each of the blue fields on the document.

This is where things go wrong - I then tried to add a signature which i struggled with but also tried to delete that and during this time i think the dcocument saved.

Now when I open the document I can no longer see the fillable fields and can only see them when i click on the 'prepare form' tab, then when i close this they all disappear again almost as if the document is locked and I am unable to do anything with it.

Anyone got an ideas as to whats happened?

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If the document has been signed with certain settings it can make the fields unaccessable, are you able to share the doument?

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am able to share the document to my own email address, but once i open it there is no way to add text etc - almost as if it is fully locked...

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I meant can you share the document with us so we can have a look at it?

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEs please, how do i do this?

Thanks

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Use any of the file sharing options and post a link here, the most obvious would be to use the adobe cloud -  https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I've created a 90+ page document with multiple fields, at this time I still need to add many more. I've added the same fields twice, saving and closing the document. When I can continue to work on the document, I open it up and the fields that I added the last time I worked on it are gone. Most recently the last save was October 2, 2020, I opened up the file today and the fields are not there.

Nowhere in the document do I, or will I have a signature field. I did however have to create a digital signature for myself back in August when I needed to test a pdf document (that I needed to sign) for my coworker; could this be causing the fields to disappear? Should I delete my digital signature?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, signing a document locks all fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines