• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable form - Autopopulate fields with multiple options

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this can be done. I am pretty new to adobe. I already know how to make text boxes that autopopulate the same word (so if A is entered into textbox1 all the boxes fill in with A).

I want to know if there is a way to do like if A is typed into the textbox then the other textboxes will be filled with either B,C,orD randomly.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

If you only need this one script it will be a very steep learning curve.

I've actually already wrote this script for you and embedded it into this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12sebjm-Cnrkzh6XhQZBXF8YE2G4xkVcW/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, but you need to better explain how this is supposed to work. If the number of the other field is a random one, what does it have to do with the value of the first field? Or is it random, but from a group of possible values based on that original value? Please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion.

For example if someone put 15 in box A then the other boxes can be filled with 10+5, 14+1, 13+2, etc. Like there is a list of options but its random which one is assigned to the boxes.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't quite follow... So the boxes need to be filled in with forumlas that produce the same number as the one the user entered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically. I'm making a worksheet for kids to use to practice addition facts. Basically they color a block based on the answer of the equation in that block. So if the block said 10+5 and they know 15 is yellow..they would color that block yellow. I could fill out all the blocks manually but was just wondering if there was a faster way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be possible using a script. The way I would do it is generate a random number between 0 and the entered value, and then deduce that number from the target value to get the complimentary number for the formula. Sounds complicated, but it's not that bad. However, if you don't want duplicates you'll probably need to keep the generated numbers in an array and then compare the new value to it, to make sure it's not already used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the replies. I know nothing about writing scripts. Could you point me somewhere I could learn?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only need this one script it will be a very steep learning curve.

I've actually already wrote this script for you and embedded it into this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12sebjm-Cnrkzh6XhQZBXF8YE2G4xkVcW/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thats amazing!! Thank you so much! If I wanted to change it to subtraction/multiplication/division facts is there an easy way for me to change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subtraction is easily done as it's just the reverse of the addition process. Multiplication/division is more complicated as you would need to find the integer dividers of the number, if they exist at all (ie, if it's not a prime number).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I can definitely forget about multiplying and dividing then. How would I change it to subtraction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to change all of them to subtraction? Just some? Half and hald? Randomally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, subtraction is not exactly the reverse of the addition, as I wrote before, because the range of numbers that can be used is basically infinite (for example, if the target number is 12 the formula could be 123,424-123,412). However, if you limit one of the number to be smaller than the entered number then it is easier to implement based on the addition code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subtraction would be a whole separate worksheet. The highest number most likely would be 19 (20-1) because it would be facts 0-20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that the target number will not be higher than 20?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I know its been months and you might not see this but I finally got around to using your code and its AMAZING but for some reason it doesnt work with numbers 0-5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it won't work with numbers smaller than 4, as there less options than number of formula fields, so that complicates things. It does work just fine with 4 and 5, though:

try67_0-1596313601383.png

try67_1-1596313608584.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I was thinking. Again THANK YOU so much for your help! I appreciate it so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines