Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable form combining, add template

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm running out of places to look so I'm hoping someone here can help. 

There is an annual form that needs to be filled out with electronic signatures. 

A fillable form is sent out, signed by multiple people and sent back to me.  Since this is an annual thing, I would like to have all the annual forms for an individual saved in the same document separated by bookmarks. 

There are a few issues I'm running into with this. The first being that a few years ago when we started the forms, the fields were scrollable. To save drive space, after the forms are received I have tried printing to pdf and otherwise flattening the form fields. This results in some of the text being lost in the scrollable fields. 

Also, I find I am able to flatten using pre-flight or saving with the option of flattening form fields selected for an individual form - But, when I try to create an action to do this to all forms in a folder, it doesn't work, no fields are flattened, the form is exactly as it was. 

Ideally, I would like to be able to have an automated process where all forms in a folder are flattened (with all text visible) and to have them  combined with the annual forms of the same person ( lastname year) and going forward, having an option to add a new year directly in the same document. 

There is a lot in here, if anyone can direct me to where I can learn how to do this, what to search for (I've spent hours searching and am failing miserably), or provide any instructions, it would be muchly appreciated.  

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017

TOPICS
PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you're doing requires quite a bit of experience with Acrobat, including scripting know-how.

There are also various limitations to what can be achieved, and specific ways around them. Doing all of it will be a steep learning curve (as you might have noticed already).

I would recommend hiring a professional to do it for you, instead of spending more time trying to figure it all out on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines