• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable form - format text box for user

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fillable form from a Word Doc. The last fillable item requires a lengthy answer (several lines of text). The form shows lines, because the form may also be printed out and hand-written. I want the fillable form's text that is typed in by a user to "fit" onto the lines of the form. Strictly aesthetics, I know, but that's me. I can't find any option to format that particular text box when "scrolling long text" to add space above or below the typed in text. Agh, it's driving me crazy, because I feel certain there's an option for that somewhere!!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't. You have to manually set the field's position and text size to fit the lines. But why even bother? If the form is printed then you don't need the lines, and vice-versa. So you can set the fill color of the field as non-transparent to cover the lines and if you want use a script to check if the field is empty and then make it non-printable so that the lines show up the printed copy.

To do that you can use the following custom validation script:

event.target.display = (event.value=="") ?  display.noPrint : display.visible;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I think 🙂  When I put in the JavaScript that you gave me, a box pops up asking for "Line Number." No matter what # I put in and press OK, it comes back to that same question. Line Number:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you put the code, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a screen shot. I would like for the lines to stay where they are for those counselors who need to print out a paper copy and enter information by hand. For the other half of the counselors who will type into the fillable form, I’d like the content to fit on the lines. Nicely. And without changing the font size to “extreme.” OR…

Is there a way to size my table that was made in Word before I created the pdf at this point? Without changing the top part of the form?

So many questions…. Thank you for taking the time to answer!!

Adobe issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines