• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable form information disappear when uploaded to printing website

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a template with a fillable form to upload to Office Depot in order to be printed. I had no issues downloading or filling out the form and anytime I preview the pdf, the fillable form is visible. When I try to upload it to the OD website, the fillable form disappears, and only an image uploads. I don't know how to work acrobat but is there a way to fix this? I have contacted the person I got the template from and am waiting for a response. The fillable form shows up when I email the document to myself and I have saved it under different names to see if that fixes the problem. I will attach the form to see if anyone can see the problem.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacquelyn,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for sharing the form. I see this form was originally created in Illustrator CC app. Do you know, how exactly it has been converted to the PDF?

Also, this form works everywhere else fine except when its uploaded to the office depot. How exactly it has been uploaded on web can you share the steps or a short video clip?

There seems to be some compatibility issues as form fields are not visible for web. When you get the original file, try uploading that on web and see if that shows all the fields or not.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that however Office Depot is printing the PDF file, the forms fields are not being printed. Forms fields are actually implemented as PDF annotations and many PDF printers simply ignore such annotations.

I have flattened the forms fields into the base PDF file and have attached that PDF file to this discussion as WB2 - Fixed.pdf. Try to see if Office Depot has problems with this PDF file. (Gut feel is that this will indeed fix the problem! 😉) Let us know if this resolves the issue.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines