• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable form not letting me type into

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hove Acrobat DC pro and have a form from state of NJ that is fillable. I go into Fill and Sign and when I tab to a filed, the "hand" cursor turnsinto and I beam  but won;t let me type into the field. Any suggestions. ? I've attached a screen cut and the actual formFormNotLettingEntry.PNG

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual form is not attached to your message. My guess is this form does not contain actual form fields and does not allow you to fill it in digitally, which means you need to print it out and fill it by hand. If you share the actual file it will be easier to say for sure, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Maybe I'm blind but I don;t see where I can attach a pdf, just url links and pic and video files. Any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can attach it to the original message using the tiny paperclip icon at the bottom when you edit it, or upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, did not notice that little clip at bottom.

I attached the form to the origianl and would greatly appreciate if you could tell me what I'm not doing so I can fill it in. Page 6 has been the one I've been testing with

thnx

ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I go into Fill and Sign"

Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I thought, this file doesn't actually have any form fields in it. You can add text to it using the Add Text commenting tool, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Something in the metadata maybe, disable the fill options, I have sterilized the document in Protect, then I am going to fill and sign and I have all the options.

I hope it works.

Cheers,

WbolanosCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.46.51 PM.png

I'm sure the author had all the best intentions of creating a form for you and other NJ residents to fill out but above is what I see as a huge issue.

If you use your own copy of DC to "Prepare Form" it will automatically create the fillable areas for you. Maybe not everwhere but at least most of it and those that it doesn't you should be able to add manually if you have the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some update with Acrobat DC earlier this year broke fillable forms.  I have this issue with several forms from goverment sites that are intended to be fillable.  Something is not allowing this with the recent Acrobat DC.  I suspect that forms created in older versions is the issue.  Sure has been frustrating and time consuming to deal with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How have you worked around the issue? I am having the same issue....it is definitaly a fillable form and I checked the security setting and the form is allowed to be filled in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines