• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable form - submit button won't work

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a fillable form.  Following the instructions, in added a Submit button.  It won't work.  I've checked and rechecked the instructions.  I would sure appreciate some help on this.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "won't work" mean, exactly? What happens when you click it? Is

there an error message of some kind? Also, how did you set it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response!

By “won’t work,” I mean nothing happens when you click on the button. I followed the instructions given at the Adobe site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've saved it to my google drive, and it can be accessed here:  pre enrollment application 2018 for fillable pdf.pdf - Google Drive

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to add "mailto:" before the email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much!!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm.  I made that change and it still doesn't work.   

Anything else I did wrong?

fillable pre enrollment application 2018.pdf - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me... In what application are you opening it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains it... Chrome (as well as Firefox and some other browsers) use an internal PDF plugin, which is sub-par to Adobe Reader in many respects, and especially when it comes to handling form fields. You should open the file in Reader and then you'll see that it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  That's very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67, 

I have a document with a submit button that works fine when opened via desktop.  However, when it's opened via chrome or other browsers the submit button does not work.  The clear and print buttons do work.  Any suggestion on how to get the submit button to work when the document is filled out via online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine works fine when I do the preview option but when I save it and send it the submit or print buttons I have created don't work. 

Help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I created a form that works perfect on the computer, but I can not get the submit button to work on the iPad!

HELP! its making me crazy and taking up too much of my time!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but I have the mailto: and when I hit submit it gives me the "choose the email" and then nothing. The email will not open and it dose not send anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you have the mailto: already assigned to an email address. However, when you hit submit button it further asks you to "Choose the email" isn't it?

Upon creating form using Acrobat>Prepare form tool To collect form data as attachments to email, type mailto: followed by the email address. For example, mailto:nobody@adobe.com.

Make sure that the email address used is correct and it doesn't have any sort of security settings enabled which blocks such responses.

Also, try removing and re-adding the mailto: addres in the PDF form.

For detailed steps, you make take help of this detailed article: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/setting-action-buttons-pdf-forms.html#add_a_submit_button

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have done everthing in this artical and re did the Mailto: just incase but then I click the submit amd I get the Choose email .. I say ok and nothing happens. It pauses for a min and then nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you include a space or it won't work either:  mailto: person@domain.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if  you were able to get a fix for the SUBMIT button not working per chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CatDonHwang_0-1619183367603.pngCatDonHwang_1-1619183410524.png

CatDonHwang_2-1619183548051.png

Yes, my properties had not been set up correctly - snips above of correct settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problems. The submit button does not work when it uploaded to the web. All other form parts are working perfectly. The submit button does nothing. I'm using the mailto:xxx.com option. HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if there is a fix for this problem yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so many of our clients use their browser to view PDF documents which means the Click to Submit button does not work.  Would be great to get a fix for this issue or a work around at least please Adobe.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines