Highlighted

Fillable Form Submitted - Then it Vanishes!

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been testing a fillable form before it goes live.

With three of the test email addresses - everything works well, and I get the filled responses and can easily accumulate them in a response file. The fourth test distributes perfectly, has been filled with no problems...but when it is submitted - it disappears into cyber-space and cannot be retrieved. No response comes back to me as the sender. All 4 of these emails are managed through Outlook on separate PC's bur in exactly the same way. 

I'm totally frustrated and worries that a wider distribution will only make the problem bigger.

HELP!!!!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fillable Form Submitted - Then it Vanishes!

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been testing a fillable form before it goes live.

With three of the test email addresses - everything works well, and I get the filled responses and can easily accumulate them in a response file. The fourth test distributes perfectly, has been filled with no problems...but when it is submitted - it disappears into cyber-space and cannot be retrieved. No response comes back to me as the sender. All 4 of these emails are managed through Outlook on separate PC's bur in exactly the same way. 

I'm totally frustrated and worries that a wider distribution will only make the problem bigger.

HELP!!!!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the email is generated and sent, but doesn't arrive? If so, that's something to look into at the email server/application level. Once the email is generated it's completely outside the hands of the PDF viewer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this...I am totally stumped. Do you have any insights into what I should be asking at the application level?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...something else just happened. Inadvertently when filling out and submitting my test submission..I duplicated one. Shouldn't there be some way to presvent duplicated responses?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "duplicated one"? Do you mean you submitted the same data twice? There's no way to prevent that at the form level. You can, however, disable the Submit button once it's clicked.

You should check if the emails appear in your account's Sent folder. If so, the issue is with the target email server.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..nope there is nothing in the 'sent' folder or the 'spam' folder of the person sending back the filled out form that disappeared!....ugh...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Drafts folder... Maybe you never sent it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spam folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0