• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable Forms I send to Clients are Being Sent Back Empty

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a wedding photographer and I created fillable forms using Adobe Acrobat to make it easy to get wedding questionnaire info back from my clients in one shot. I ask them to download the file, fill it out, and then save it and send it back. For some reason, even after they do this, the document comes back to me empty. It's happened multiple times.

This time, I did it myself (created one, filled it out, saved it, sent it to me via email, and it worked so I assumed I'd fixed the issue). But I had not. How do I make sure their info will stick? Do they need Adobe Acrobat to be able to fill it out/to save it/to send  it back? Is that why it worked for me? How can I still use fillable forms without them needing to have Adobe Acrobat? Help please!

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possiblr that the users are using a webbrowser to open an fill out this form.

Not all web browser with PDF capabilities render a PDF correctly.

Assuming if that is the case, I think is better if you encourage your Clients to use Adobe Reader DC(free PDF viewer).

You may also want to explore with Adobe Sign.

You can send a form with Adobe Sign instead, because is more flexible in terms of the user being able to fill and sign from a mobile device or a web browser, plus, they are not required to have installed in their systems Adobe Acrobat Pro or Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines