• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable forms with Javascript validation don't work with Adobe Sign

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created some very heavy-duty forms for personnel onboarding. These forms use a great deal of javascript throughout the document. I used the JS to help remove about 40+ instances of the same information (x many different fields) throughout the document so our new personnel won't have to type their name 40+ times (as an example). 

However, I just had HR send the document so I could try to break it/submit it without filling out all the required fields and quickly realized that the JavaScript doesn't function at all with validation, computations, and updating required field parameters based on the user input and selections. 

I have read that Adobe Sign converts the document to an image and renders all the JS useless. Is this true? Has anyone found any workarounds? Do we just have to send them the document to fill out, upload it after they have completed it, and then use the completed form to capture signatures? Seems like a lot of steps when there is so much functionality in the document that becomes useless when you use Adobe's automation processes...

I apologize for my tone, but I am a little frustrated after working on this document for the last week and a half and just found this out while testing... Would have been nice to have this stated somewhere on Adobe before you start modifying the document...

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , JavaScript , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to share an example of this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have read that Adobe Sign converts the document to an image and renders all the JS useless. Is this true?

First part is not true, the second is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines