• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable forms

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spend two days filling out a huge fillable form in acrobat DC, and came to the end of the form where it asks you to sign. I signed the form and saved, but I still had more work to do on it before I send it off. The form has now become completely unfillable. Please someone tell me how I can make this fillable again?? I can't bare the thought of starting from scratch! I would appreciate your help so much! 

Thanks,

Scarlett

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click the signature field and select Clear Signature. This should re-enable all the fields and make them fillable once more. Save a copy of it before doing so, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoyingly NOTHING I do will allow me to right click or delete that signature!! I assume its because I saved it before I realise it had made the whole file uneditable. Am I going to have to do the whole thing again (aghhhh!!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is not lost, not yet at least! There's something else you can try.

Open the signed file and go to Tools - Forms - More - Export Data and save the form data as an FDF or text file.

Now open the original version of the file (before you filled it in and signed it) and do the same, only select Import Data and then select the file you just saved. It should import everything, except for the signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a genius!!!!!! It worked!!! Thankyou SO so so so much 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a really good tip, thanks try67!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use Fill & Sign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing is absolutely final, because it locks up and proves for legal purposes the form as you filled it AT THAT MOMENT and proves it was you. If the form could still be filled or changed, all this would be worthless. Yes, it is different from a paper form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not final. The signer can remove their signature and continue working on the form, in most cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines