Fillable PDF form fields disappearing after saving

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am new to PDF's.

I am creating fillable PDF written assessments with Acrobat DC Pro for my students so they can be downloaded them from our online learning platform. They save the file to their own device, open it in DC viewer and fill in the feilds. They then save the completed file and upload it back into the learning platform.

Some times the students only half complete the document and need to save the file and come back to it at a later date and continue filling in the form.

The problem is, when the student saves the file the information thay have entered is there. But the fillable fields are no longer available. They can not continue filling the rest in.

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Thanks Adrian

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fillable PDF form fields disappearing after saving

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am new to PDF's.

I am creating fillable PDF written assessments with Acrobat DC Pro for my students so they can be downloaded them from our online learning platform. They save the file to their own device, open it in DC viewer and fill in the feilds. They then save the completed file and upload it back into the learning platform.

Some times the students only half complete the document and need to save the file and come back to it at a later date and continue filling in the form.

The problem is, when the student saves the file the information thay have entered is there. But the fillable fields are no longer available. They can not continue filling the rest in.

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Thanks Adrian

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adrian, 

Thanks for the detailed description. From the description given above, in sort what I understood it, after filling and saving the half of the form, its getting locked and restricted to make further changes or filling. 

There are couple of possibilities, why its happening-

1- f you have a signature field assigned to each student, while filling the form, they might have added their signature on it and then saved it. 

Signing is a final process, once done, your document is restricted to make further changes and becomes uneditable. 

Ask them to do not apply signature on it, unless you are not done with all the fields.

2- Form is being used to fill in using a 3rd part app. Ask them to use either freeware Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC (paid) desktop application. 

If nothing works, then help us with a sample form. We'd try to fill it at our end. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

Thanks for your reply. It was very frustrating as it was quite random weather it would happen or not.

You were correct, some students were using a saved digital signature, others were using the draw function in the comments section. The ones using the digital signature were being locked out of the entire document after saving.

Thanks for your help, ill make sure signing is the last step after marking.

Just by chance is there a way of turning off that function so the form stays editable after signing?

Regards

Adrian Gibbons
[Personal information removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! You may get this checked. 

There wouldn't be any option to turn off this function. After Signing, form can not be edited, its a security feature. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! You may get this checked. 

There wouldn't be any option to turn off this function. After Signing, form can not be edited, its a security feature. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
suecelia LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but my form is 51 pages long and requires signatures on almost all of the pages. Is there really no way around this?

Thanks.
Suecelia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0