Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable PDF

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to convert a PDF to a fillable PDF. I use prepare Form but some fields are not recognized and others are. So I am not sure where is the error. If it is in the Excel file or in the PDF? I do not want to add a thousand new entries for text. 

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an error, per se. The fields detection wizard is far from perfect and its result can vary widely.

If you want a consistent way of adding fields it has to be using a script, and even then it will probably require some manual tweaking.

I've developed a (paid-for) tool that can create text fields over any sequence of more than one underscore characters, and it works with 100% accuracy. You can find it here: https://try67.blogspot.com/2020/04/acrobatreader-convert-underscores-to.html

I've also created a tool that converts certain Wingdings characters into check-boxes or radio-buttons. See: http://try67.blogspot.com/2015/09/acrobatreader-convert-wingdings-to.html

Using these tools it's possible to get a pretty good head start on your form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had similar issues, the lines need to be sometimes darker to be picked up more accurately, sometimes, I end up adding them by hand (Acrobat tool) because I was fed up of trying different options.

I go tthe best results when I created the fields in Word or Excel with a gap between each. I made sure there was a bit of 'empty space' between each so the automatic detection worked without being confused, merging cells or missing some.

I now use InDesign for that reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines