• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filled and signed a document, it says it's "SECURE," but then when I close and reopen, it's blank

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how to save a document properly after filling and signing it. I just got through a huge document completely filling it out and signing, and I clicked the button at the top to essentially "seal" the signing in. I thought it was saved, I believe I clicked command+S just to be sure... but when I closed and reopened it, the entire thing was blank!

Am I skipping a step?

I had this problem yesterday and when I saved as a new document, it stripped out the security! It feels like a Catch-22! I need it secured, and I need it saved so I can attach it to an email.

What in the world am I missing?

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I think I figured it out.

I have to save the document before securing it, and everything will show up in there, but it will be unsecured.

After securing, it can't be saved....? It has to be SENT or SHARED (As a read-only, sent through the Adobe system), and then the person opening it will see that it's official.

If it's not essential between parties that it's "secure" and "read-only" then one can save it without clicking the Next button at the top and just email it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines