• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

filled text only appears when clicked....

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

apologies if this isn't in the right place....

I've previously created an editable PDF (funding application form) and i've received a completed form back, however one of my boxes that is used for text (for the applicant to type into) appears blank, until i press on it and the text comes up. It doesn't do this with other boxes and i can't seem to see how i've set it up differently. I've got a character limit on it so not sure if this has something to do with it? (just guessing here). 

I'm at a loss and would appreciate some advice.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the most unpredictable settings can be the Font size:Auto.  If that field is set to Auto, try changing it to a defined point size to see if that changes anything.  Just a guess, but might be worth a try.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Dave__M , i'll give that a go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thought is that there might be some extra characters/lines that may have been pasted into that field.  The desired text string may be out of view below a bunch of blank lines.  Just a hunch, but worth investigating, perhaps.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines