• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter function in Comments doesn't work the same in new version--a fix?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I commented before about the checkbox not working, but the forum was closed before I could be more specific.

In previous versions of acrobat pro, you could use your checkbox function to do edits like this:

Set your sort function to "unchecked" and as you do edits, check off the edits in the comments column and they disappear. You can get them back by taking off this function.

With the updated version, you CAN get a check by using the pulldown menu (which is an extra step and isn't an improvement), but when I use the filter function, it will only make the comments that ALREADY have the "completed" check disappear. As I continue to make changes, any new check marks I make don't make those comments disappear. I have to set the filter function to "none" and then back to 'completed' to get the comment to disappear. This is neither useful nor functional for how I am using the program. They need to disappear as I check them off, otherwise the filter function is useless to me and any other designer who uses this program for edits.

I don't know if this is a mistake or an oversight, but it should be fixed.

Unless I'm missing something, then I'd like to know how to make it work in the new format.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

tamirn74732531 thanks for taking out time and sharing the feedback. We regret for the inconvenience caused because of the changes in UI with the latest update.

As suggested, please fill this feedback form- Feature Request/Bug Report Form  as we need maximum participation.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. When going through a list of 50+ comments I need to be able to easily check them off as I've made the edits and use the "filter/unchecked" function to have them disappear from the comments list. Using the pulldown menu to add a check mark is not efficient when you have 50+ comments to go through in a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a keyboard shortcut for mark comment as checked: shift + K, Which of course wonā€™t work if you have your cursor blinking in the comment box.

Personally, I went back and installed the old version of Acrobat. I explain how to do there here:

Document Geek: How to Get the Old Version of Acrobat back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift + K doesnā€™t actually add a checkmark to a comment, as far as I can tell.

What it does is turn the cursor into a giant ā€œApprovedā€ stamp that you can then place on the page ā€“ to what end, I have no idea. I donā€™t know why youā€™d ever want a giant green box that says ā€œApprovedā€ in your document, but thatā€™s the only thing it seems to do in my version of Acrobatā€¦

I did just discover that there is a setting under Preferences > Commenting that allows you to show checkmarks by default, which makes it easier to add checkmarks to comments ā€“ though still not to use the comment status to set a comment as approved, rejected, completed, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In the latest update of Acrobat DC, we have modernize the commenting experience and at the same time, made it very clean and intuitive to use. As part of that, the checkbox is moved to the right click menu of the comment. Please also note that both the sort and filter options are available for the check mark

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and will consider adding the check mark by default for future updates of Acrobat DC.

Use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features- https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

The design is cleaner, but the operation with comments became much harder.

The filter is not refreshed and therefore you are left with a long list of marked comments

Every once in a while i need  to change  the filter settings and then bring it back in order to remove all marked  (e.g. completed) notes.

RGDs

Tamir 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tamirn74732531 thanks for taking out time and sharing the feedback. We regret for the inconvenience caused because of the changes in UI with the latest update.

As suggested, please fill this feedback form- Feature Request/Bug Report Form  as we need maximum participation.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what Tamirn said. Fix the filtering!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still experiencing the issue on Thursday, November 21, 2019. I have a document due in 1.5 hours with over 350 comments. I keep having to refresh the filter. It is killing my producitivity and my brain power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design is more than graphics...graphics support use.  The purpose of graphics is bringing clarity to process and use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For other designers who find Adobe's 'improvements' to be a retrograde move, here's a link to one of their Feature requests (more of a request to replace a feature that was removed unnecessarily): Filter by unchecked should be a default filter ā€“ Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so ridiculously wrong and untrue, itā€™s almost funny. Adding three extra clicks to what is one of the very basic, primary functions of a comment is neither modernised nor intuitive.

Making the filter function non-responsive so it doesnā€™t apply to new/updated comments in real-time is certainly neither modernised nor clean nor intuitive.

Both are massive steps backwards, pure lack of modernisation, and make for an unintuitive and cumbersome workflow for the user.

What should be a one-click process after setting up the filter (click checkmark, comment disappears) is now in practice a NINE-CLICK process (click ā€œā€¦ā€ menu, click ā€œStatusā€, click ā€œCompletedā€, click filter button, deselect ā€œNoneā€, click ā€œApplyā€, click filter button, reselect ā€œNoneā€, click ā€œApplyā€). Good luck to any user having to do that a thousand times in a document!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having all kinds of bugs with PDF commenting. Filters turn themselves off, keyboard arrows jump erratically to wrong sequence or random spots in document. I'd spend more time troubleshooting your beta if you started paying me. Until then, I just advise no one purchase adobe software; they've been selling bugs for a decade now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another ridiculous bug for a decades old product. I've never once regretted cancelling my personal adobe subscription. This company turned its back on users long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue now in 2021... Is this a bug? Or is this a new "feature"? Or is this something we can fix by turning on something in setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue. I have chatted with Adobe and they insist it is file specific. However, I have shared with them several files with the same sudden issue. They basically said thank you and goodbye. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same here. Getting no help from adobe to fix this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The people asking for help here don't work for adobe. Adobe is supposed to find their own bugs and fill out their own forms. Pretty basic business. This is why I stopped paying adobe after being a customer of 20+ years and encourage my clients and organization to find software elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines