• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filtering PDF Base on Job Role

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an OpenOffice document with merge fields and a table of contents.  I print it from my work software, and it merges the data that I have entered and creates the table of contents.  I export that merged OO document to a PDF file, and that is what I upload to the ftp for our clients and staff to see.

My boss wants the clients to be able to open that PDF file and filter the information by their job role.

So, first, I would have to somehow mark all of the sections based on a job role; I am assuming that I would have to do that on the OO template, maybe with a bookmark.  When I merge the document and go to export it to a PDF file, I have to make sure that I check that I want to export the bookmarks.

Once it gets into the PDF file, I am lost as to how they are going to see the table of contents for the entire document, then they are going to be able to filter the information based on a bookmark.

And many sections could have multiple bookmarks (not even sure that is possible).  Three different Job Roles could be looking at the same section of information.

Is this even possible?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF files are not really built for "filtering". This is something you need to do on the back-end, before creating the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines