• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find and Replace all Pdf file

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it very weak that the user does not have the ability to replace one text (Replace all) from all pages at once,
Since 2017 I use Acrobat professionally and for 2 years now Acrobat Pro DC with monthly syndrome.
I work in the field of construction and in large projects we receive PDFs with works that reach 1500 pages and it is impossible to delete a text, a word of 1500 pages every time (next).
I find it unthinkable to be able to do this for free online on various pages and not on Acrobat Pro DC!
So you lose customers without knowing it!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat and PDFs in general were never intended to be a text editing environment.  In years past, the editing tool was named "Touchup Text Tool", and that was a very appropriate name.  The text editing capabilities have gotten stronger over the versions and years, but the notion that full word processing capabilities should be there just isn't realistic.  If the source documents are available, that's where this type of edit should be done.  Text edits in PDFs are an emergency scenario, when the source doc isn't available, but a change is needed.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We live in the 21st century, a century of technology and digital development and the ideology with your thought belongs to 1990. It is unthinkable that If we make a mistake in a list and want to delete a word, or just a simple letter that is found on 2500 pages, there is no automatic group deletion (Delete All or Change All), except by pressing Clear and Next and doing this for 2500 times.
If we are processing 10 such lists per day, we will need three people to delete a word from each list. It's unthinkable since competing company programs do it in 2 minutes.

In the entire group of companies that we have, with 1200 employees and around 400 cooperation clients, we are leaving Adobe with great pleasure and we are ungrateful for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an error in the page content, then that content needs to be changed in the original document, and then reconverted to PDF

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you work alone on a small list this can be done if you work in an architectural and construction group throughout Germany, the texts are sent via PDF if there is a mistake in the text each partner should change it himself.
We are not trying to find what we could do better with the tools we have but we are just trying to find a perfect modern tool to meet the needs and simplify our work.
This is definitely not Adobe, it used to be, but not for the time we live in.
So the purchase and installation of modern competitive programs is inevitable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so true. The older version had the possibility to change all in one document. For example I have documents that have made via Indesign in other country or word, those are then in pdf sent to me. I need to translate them to my language. If I try to put them on word, the boxes and texts move too bad, cannot do it. In older version I was able to do that. Now I have to click in 46 page document about 1000 time to make the translation. Please put the replace all back to the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I need it, that is why I pay to use this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What old version have you used? I haven't seen this feature in any version of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC had it earlier.

Nina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well some earlier did and I used it. Do not know the name. It was under the replace command as "replace all"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Bernd. I've never seen a search and replace feature for PDF page content. And I've used every version of Acrobat since versino 4. Such a feature would require reflowing text, which is not reliable in a PDF.  It's possible that you saw a 3rd party tool? Or I supposed it possible that Adobe breifly added something like this, until they realized it was problematic. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't recall anything like this as a feature either.  It would certainly have gone against the appropriately named "Touchup Text Tool" back in the day.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines