• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find and replace error message?

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple 500+ page PDFs that require the find/replace function for every page. When I begin, it finds and replaces the first few instances of the word, then I get an error message that says "Unable to highlight text across multiple text boxes." Any ideas?? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to the original file format, make the changes there and then create a new PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand. I can't manually find/replace as that is over 8,000 corrections. I need this function to work! What do I correct on the initial files in order for find/replace to work? Any ideas why it is not working? I have Acrobat standard and I'm on a PC. My boss has Acrobat Pro and is on a Mac, and does not run into this issue. Do I need to upgrade to Pro? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't suggest you do it manually, but doing it in Acrobat is not the solution, either. It has not Search & Replace All command, so anyway you'll have to click the Replace button 8000+ times to do it, and it's very likely something will go wrong along the way. PDF files were simply not meant to be edited in such an extensive way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines