Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First time user, want to convert handwritten scanned in PDF journals to text

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just beginning.

I have my father's 100 handwritten journals, each of about 100 pages, all as scanned in,  PDF files.

How difficult to convert to text?

(Fairly clear handwriting, to me.)

They are in 50-60 page blocks.

How long should each one take?

I expect there may be 2-3 corrections per page that I need to do. Over the course of 10,000 pages, does the system LEARN ?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not capable of identifying hand-written text, and you can't teach it to do so, either. I'm afraid this is something you'll have to do manually, but not in Acrobat. It's not meant for this kind of editing. Transcribe the text in Word (or something like that) and then create a version of the PDF with both the original scans and the "real" text, for reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(Sorry, I forgot to mention something. Other, more specialized OCR-applications might be able to recognize the text automatically, but not Acrobat.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines