• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixing an "export to" problem in adobe acrobat dc

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered a problem today with Adobe Acrobat DC. For several months, I have been using the File>Export To command to create a text-only version of a PDF, but today I found that, when clicking Export To, no secondary menu popped up. I was used to seeing a secondary menu popping up which included a dozen options, but nothing showed up. Restarting Acrobat did not solve the problem. So I chose the Export Tool in Acrobat and created the text-only version the long way. The conversion was successful, and the next time I opened a PDF in Acrobat and went to File>Export To, the regular secondary menu popped right up. I can't explain what happened, but that's how I fixed it.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My gut reaction would be to do 3 things.  Restart Acrobat (which you did), restart your computer, and then finally do a Help>Repair Installation.  

Good luck - and let us know if this persists.  Good luck,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Dave. I was unaware of the “Repair Installation” command in the Help menu. You learn something new every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a repair does not work, then it's time to clean out some of the crud that may have accumulated in the Acrobat confuguration: You can run the Acrobat Cleaner tool: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

After that, you need to re-install Acrobat, and it should behave the same way as after you insatalled it for the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking in my Acrobat DC program for the Mac, I find no Repair Installation command under Help or any other menu. Searching on the internet, I discovered that the command was available in previous versions of the program, but not in my DC version:

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 20.12.20043.396433

AGM: 4.30.103

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.46820

It is the latest version of the program, as of today. Perhaps something needs to be switched on, but I certainly have never been informed of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, it was not clear that this is on a Mac. Yes, they removed that quite some time ago. This means your next step would be to remove the application and install again. If that still does not work, then the Cleaner tool should do the job. The good news here is that Adobe did release a version for the Mac a few years ago after it had been available for Windows only for a long time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines