• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Alternative for portfolio Files (multiple PDFs Combined)

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe Acrobat Std XI and Pro XI. In Outlook, we combine several messages and use the plug-in to convert them to a PDF (presumably similar to a portfolio). Previously, when we attempt to pen the PDF there is an index at the top which lists all of the individual messages and required Flash to display. Since Flash has been disabled we can't see the list of individual messages. However, when we open the same PDF using Acrobat Reader DC, it accommodates the list format and is visible. Since Acrobat Pro and Std XI have more capabilities I don't want to replace them with Acrobat reader DC. Is there an update or patch for Acrobat Pro and Std XI to enable us to see the list of individual messages ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro and Standard XI reached end-of-life several years ago and there is no update or patch.  The alternative is to update to Acrobat/Reader DC.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Also, moving this to the Acrobat community forum as this is an Acrobat issue, not Flash Player issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I have no choice but to spend some $ to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat DC so that I retain the functional capabilities found in XI and not in Acrobat Reader DC.

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, though portfolios are not nearly as good as they used to be. The clever things done with Flash were not converted, just lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this (paid-for) tool I've created to convert your Flash-based Portfolios to non-Flash based, so that they can be opened in older versions of Acrobat and Reader: https://www.try67.com/tool/convert-portfolio-pdf-to-normal-pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure you have completely uninstalled Flash Player before trying anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines