Highlighted

Flatten Fillable Form Errors

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have some generated fillable interactive forms and we need to flatten these. The solution suggested everywhere is to Print as PDF. The problem is that they just error out after 50 pages or so. No settings I try seem to fix this. It just says document could not be printed and aborts the process. 

I have tried a third party PDF printer Gaaiho PDF and that seems to work just fine. However we don't have licenses for this and wish to only use Adobe Acrobat's products. Is there not an easier way to flatten these forms? It seems strange to me that a third party product would work better than an official Adobe one.

If it helps the format of the document is Adobe LiveCycle Designer 11; modified using iText 5.5.8

Version 1.7

Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flatten Fillable Form Errors

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have some generated fillable interactive forms and we need to flatten these. The solution suggested everywhere is to Print as PDF. The problem is that they just error out after 50 pages or so. No settings I try seem to fix this. It just says document could not be printed and aborts the process. 

I have tried a third party PDF printer Gaaiho PDF and that seems to work just fine. However we don't have licenses for this and wish to only use Adobe Acrobat's products. Is there not an easier way to flatten these forms? It seems strange to me that a third party product would work better than an official Adobe one.

If it helps the format of the document is Adobe LiveCycle Designer 11; modified using iText 5.5.8

Version 1.7

Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been using the flatten action for several years and several versions of Acrobat. You can get it from Rick Borstein's blog on adobe.com (written 2/14/2011) or in other places. The action runs JavaScript code. Do it on a copy in case you need to make edits.

https://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/?s=flatten&submit=

My forms are not 50 pages and longer, so let us know how this works!

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a backup and examine carefully. The standard JavaScript action is for Acroforms, not the obsolete XFA forms.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 2