Highlighted

Flattening in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Full Version of Acrobat Pro DC. I have a form and filled the entries. I added comments and cross out some text. I am trying to flatten the form and comments. I tried the Preflight falttening and did not work (still selectable of comments after renaming). I tried Optimize and it says "This PDF document contains an Adobe XML form. Such files cannot be optimized". Can someone please suggest flattening method.  Thank you in advance.

No, this is irrelevant since this isn't an ordinary PDF file. It is a XFA forms file which is not conventional PDF forms objects.

- Dov

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flattening in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Full Version of Acrobat Pro DC. I have a form and filled the entries. I added comments and cross out some text. I am trying to flatten the form and comments. I tried the Preflight falttening and did not work (still selectable of comments after renaming). I tried Optimize and it says "This PDF document contains an Adobe XML form. Such files cannot be optimized". Can someone please suggest flattening method.  Thank you in advance.

No, this is irrelevant since this isn't an ordinary PDF file. It is a XFA forms file which is not conventional PDF forms objects.

- Dov

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps

https://answers.acrobatusers.com/flatten-editable-pdf-file-in-adobe-acrobat-dc-q285232.aspx

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 0
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I've printed PDF files to Adobe PDF.  Lots of folks cringe at this notion, and I rarely do it.  The result is a pretty useless PDF to some, but the printing process does indeed flatten the file.  Depending on your needs, this info may be helpful.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 0
Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to PDF is "refrying", not flattening.

You should read this document: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A68be905e-5698-4cd4-9a87-61e7...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar need.  Is it just not possible to flatten a completed Adobe XML form?  Using a method other than the Print to PDF?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and to make it more painful, Adobe show an error that it won't allow Print to PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to flatten and XFA PDF without printing, if it is a static XFA.  Do you know whether or not it is a dynamic or static form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Mary5C31 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea.

Many thanks, Mary

[Email signature and personal info removed by moderator as per forum policy.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0