Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder with collection of html files => create pdf file

Participant ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a collection of html files who are generated by an application. The folder contains scripts/graphics/html pages and also the index.html page.

If I consult the index.html with a text editor, I see that the order of the html pages is described in that file (correct me if I'm wrong or is it only the references who are collected in the index file?).

I'm searching for a manner to create a pdf file of the html pages in the perfect order how they were outputted by the creation of the html pages.

Who can give me tips? Scripts? Freeware tools?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

You will find more options under the "Settings" button:

Capture_021.png

Capture_022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's a built-in way of doing it. You can convert all the files to PDFs, but to merge them in the order that is described in the index file will require reading it, parsing its contents and then merging the files in the same order.

This is not a simple task and will require the development of a custom-made script.

If you're interested in hiring someone to do it for you I'm happy to take a look at the files and let you know if I think it will work, and how much it will cost. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67  thx for suggestion, but I will wait. Maybe somebody has a kind of tool or had similar problem in past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see when you open the index file in a browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bernd Alheit I see the unique id-numbers and affix .html and of course the path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there links to the HTML files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find more options under the "Settings" button:

Capture_021.png

Capture_022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JR Boulay So simple? Let's try!!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just do it!

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Damn', shame on me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a Mac user you can try the free and very useful Paparazzi! : https://derailer.org/paparazzi/

It makes one HTML page = one PDF page, instead of truncating to A4/Letter format.

(This feature has been removed in Acrobat since version 9, I never understood why...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines