• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font and Display issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have several issues with my Acrobat Reader DC. The most important one is that the fonts are terrible. How bad? An equal sign, for exampe, looks like a minus. A plus sign often looks like a vertical bar. An "x" in math font is a blur. It is very difficult to read (to be fair, I am getting older). Is there something I can do about this? Is it a result of me economizing on the graphics card I installed?

I have these settings checked in Page Display preferences: Smooth Text "For Laptop/LCD screens" (actually, I just changed that to "For monitor") and everything in Rendering checked.

The second issue is a lot of settings. I had the settings on my old version (X? or something) so that it opened the same way every time. Every time a document opens I have to right click to get "hand view", Press Cntrl-2 to get wide screen, and finally click the "Enable scrolling in single page view". And every time (even with the same document) I have to dismiss a window that says "Please wait while the document is being prepared for" (pictured)

The above happens even though in preferences I have checked "Restore last view settings when reopening", "Page Layout Continuous" Zoom "Fit Width".

Any advice for me? 

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a PDF file with the font issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can, but now I realize that the display is different when I view it in a browser (Chrome, here: https://www.overleaf.com/project/5f5ed1e590ad640001b4661d, but you probably can't get to that link) than after I download it. Also, I don't see where to upload a file anymore. Here's a link to it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Erx3qQu_f32RfGp4OzfUvcyqzyQcJoZ_/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines