Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font changes when converting word to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have to convert a word file to pdf by using acrobat pro dc. Word file text font is Times New Roman, file created in MS Word 2013. Whenever I convert word doc to pdf, font becomes helvetica. How original font could be retained while converting to pdf?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Hi Pizush,

As you have mentioned above, you click on Prepare form after converting Word file to PDF.

Would like to inform you that in Prepare form, you cannot make any changes to the text already on the PDF.

You can just add the form fields and apply an action to them in the document.

It seems that you are checking the font in the text box properties window for a text field you have added.

Check the screenshot below:

By default, the font selected for the text field is Helvetica. It does not refer to t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pizush,

Sorry for the delay in response.

When you convert the Word file to PDF using the Adobe PDF maker, the text font does not change.

It remains the same.

As you have mentioned above that the text font changes on converting Word file to PDF, it seems that you are not using Adobe PDF maker.

Could you please share the steps you do to convert the file?

Also, confirm the name and version of the Adobe application installed on your machine. You can use the steps mentioned here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC to check that.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi

Sorry for delayed response.

Acrobat dc version is 2018.009.20044.

Steps I follow:

1. MS Word>Acrobat>create pdf>click save.

Then

2. Open pdf in acrobat dc>click prepare form.

After clicking "prepare form", new text field auto generated which has default font helvetica. I am trying to know is there any way so that these newly created text fields font will be Times new roman when I click "prepare form".

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pizush,

As you have mentioned above, you click on Prepare form after converting Word file to PDF.

Would like to inform you that in Prepare form, you cannot make any changes to the text already on the PDF.

You can just add the form fields and apply an action to them in the document.

It seems that you are checking the font in the text box properties window for a text field you have added.

Check the screenshot below:

By default, the font selected for the text field is Helvetica. It does not refer to the text font of the PDF.

There is no option to change the default font for the text field. You will have to manually select the font for the fields.

If you wish to check the font of the text in the PDF, open the PDF and go to Edit PDF.

Select the text and you will see the font of the text under the Format in the tool pane at extreme right.

Hope that answers your query.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I see that my problem of font changes when converting a PM7 PMD file using Acrobat is no longer being addressed here, although there may be a gem or two I could try.
fsw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I did reply to your other post a few days ago but you have not answered my questions there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoaringMouseGraphics,
When you said " FYI, I did reply to your other post a few days ago but you
have not answered my questions there. " seems that sadly you weren't
addressing me. Mine was about seemingly indiscriminate font changes when
converting a PageMaker 7 PMD file (uh huh, still a few of us around) to PDF
using Acrobat with the Print command.

Upon closer inspection, the font changes are of size - changes just a few
connected words from Arial 12pt to Arial 11.5.

Any thoughts?
Best Regards,
*Garpster*

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#m_-4479549225172851707_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the thread I was referring to: re: PM7 fonts changing. I had asked what system you were using, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have teh same problem with Adobe Acrobat which changes my font EVERYTIME I change a docuemnt from Word to Acrobat. This is with the latest verison of Word and Acrobat DC. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have problem with the result from MSWord to Pdf. I use Adobe Pro DC 2021.

I use Windows 10 64 Bit, Intel i7, RAM 32 GB, SSD

When I use Save As Adobe Pdf from MSWord the result like below. I found in many places like this in my pdf doc result.

masalah.jpg  problem2.jpg

When I use Print > Microsoft Print to Pdf the result normal

OK.jpg

Ok2.jpg

I tried Uninstall and Reinstall but same problem.

Please advice

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines