• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Gibberish Issue

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited a PDF which had Minion Pro font in it. The font is embedded in the PDF but when copying text from my PDF to in-design, it gets all gibberish. How do I fix it? I have used Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samiah,

Couple of quick questions:

1) did you create the original PDF? If not, do you know how (with what application) the original PDF was created?

2) What is your operating system (and what version)?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

1. It was probably created through in-design, I am not 100% confident. Then published as PDF. We use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to edit this file.

2. Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had something similar awhile back. I added tags and that fixed it. Here's what I did: Document Geek: Custom PDF Font Encoding: Why You Should Care and What You Can Do About It

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines