Highlighted

Font not available or can't be used in editing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody

I've reviewed the forums and have also been in touch with Adobe Support on this directly. But no solution as of yet. Would be grateful for any guidance.

I've just purchased Acrobat DC because I wanted to be able to edit PDFs. The file that I am trying edit is using the font:  "Officina Sans ITC Book".

However when I try to edit text in the file, it automatically defaults to a different font (Minion Pro) and a message pops up

"The original font Officina Sans ITC Book is not available or can't be used in editing. Adobe Acrobat DC is using the font Minion Pro in its place."

To resolve this, I purchased the "Officina Sans ITC Book" font package and downloaded it to my computer. It's working fine when I try to use it in Word. However, I still can't use it in Acrobat.

In the Adobe Distiller settings, the font is listed there as "always embed" under the "font settings".

Does anybody have any ideas? My company always use this font, so I need to find a way around this.

Thanks for your help

Conor

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Font not available or can't be used in editing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody

I've reviewed the forums and have also been in touch with Adobe Support on this directly. But no solution as of yet. Would be grateful for any guidance.

I've just purchased Acrobat DC because I wanted to be able to edit PDFs. The file that I am trying edit is using the font:  "Officina Sans ITC Book".

However when I try to edit text in the file, it automatically defaults to a different font (Minion Pro) and a message pops up

"The original font Officina Sans ITC Book is not available or can't be used in editing. Adobe Acrobat DC is using the font Minion Pro in its place."

To resolve this, I purchased the "Officina Sans ITC Book" font package and downloaded it to my computer. It's working fine when I try to use it in Word. However, I still can't use it in Acrobat.

In the Adobe Distiller settings, the font is listed there as "always embed" under the "font settings".

Does anybody have any ideas? My company always use this font, so I need to find a way around this.

Thanks for your help

Conor

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 26, 2016 3
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P‌DF editing is a desperate last resort and if these are company documents you should always find and edit the original but if that is absolutely impossible ( eg deleted, and backups eaten by termites) I have an idea...are you able to select the text then change it to that font (the same name but that would be the one in your computer - or to some other font and back again?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2016 2
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thanks for your input. Sorry, but I don't follow the suggestion. When I try to edit any text in the document, I am unable to select the "Officina Sans ITC Book" option. It appears at the bottom of the drop down list of fonts, but is grey and "frozen out" - and can not be selected.

I'm looking at it again and it seems like the issue is that I have installed "OfficinaSansITCStd Book" installed, whereas the font I needed is "Officina Sans ITC Book".

I guess they must be different fonts! Very annoying. Will look into it.

Thanks

Conor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2016 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often fonts change over time and the old ones are unobtainable. That's why I suggested CHANGING the font to the new one. It's likely to be very similar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. How do I change the font to the new one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2017 3
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, tried that. Doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Our college uses Myriad Pro Regular. I could edit this same document last year before my computer was updated this summer. Now I'm having this issue and I don't see any fix on this so far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue. Did a recent Creative Cloud update and although Acrobat wasn't in the update, I now cannot type with Open Sans Condensed on the document that I just typed with that font in Acrobat last week. It's not just this font either. Word types with it fine, Fontbook says the font is fine. Acrobat will actually edit the text of the first line of my old document in Open Sans Condensed until I hit a carriage return then it gives me that same error message that the original font is not available and using Geneva in its place.  Very odd that font won't work. I downloaded a version of the font and re-installed, even changed the name of it, but to no use. Stuck in font prison and can't text my way out. Send help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever get a fix? I have the same issue. I have a PDF that I have to fill out 3 times (slightly different) every 2 weeks. Most of the info is the same. We just edit dates and times in about 30 different locations. I get, "The origianl font Arial is not available or can't be used in editing. Adobe Acrobat is using the fong Z@R9366.tmp in its place." Then instead of an actual font I have just squares. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fix found yet. Frustrating
--
Enjoy!

Jeff
314-922-8425

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, pitty there is no sulotion found yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue. This needs to be resolved. Adobe Support are you listening?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 2