Highlighted

font package missing

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe at downloading, reading and using PDF .... since forever. All of a sudden ... I am unable to use Adobe to read many of my previously saved PDFs files when I used to before. Does anyone know what happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

font package missing

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe at downloading, reading and using PDF .... since forever. All of a sudden ... I am unable to use Adobe to read many of my previously saved PDFs files when I used to before. Does anyone know what happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about that you are facing.

Could you please share a Screenshot or a sample PDF and a screen recording of the exact issue that you are facing while using Acrobat so that we can understand it better. You can send it at ajain@adobe.com .

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ayush,
... I uploaded an Adobe font package and it now shows "At least one
signature has problems" regardless of any PDF document that I open, even
where there are NO signatures on that document.
I think things were working fine ... until a recent "update."
Thanks,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to the discussion,

Even when your thread's title says "Font package missing" You didn't mentioned that it was you who uploaded a font package.

This is a key detail which is very different from your initial inquiry when you opened this discussion. That is a whole different issue from just saying " All of a sudden ... I am unable to use Adobe to read many of my previously saved PDFs files when I used to before. "

Is this happening even if you've clicked on Help--->> "Repair Installation" ??

If you're on a MS Windows machine they've been pushing out recent updates  too.  That is why I am suggesting to check with Repair Installation (not be confused with uninstalling and reinstalling the Acrobat software.).

And you also need to state which font package did you downloaded and from where.  Is this an Asian font pack?

If you don't indicate which one is it and from where it was downloaded from is kind of  hard to help you with anything 

Aside from trying to repair the installation, if that fails, you may need to uninstall the font package and download (or test with ) a different font package for the Acrobat version that you're currently using and more importantly, check that such font pack and that the font type  has no "No-embedding" restrictions.

See about Font Licensing, here's a good place to start: https://www.adobe.com/products/type/font-licensing/font-embedding-permissions.html

Specific permissions are listed here: https://www.adobe.com/products/type/font-licensing/additional-license-rights.html

So please state which font packcage did you downloaded and also indicate if it is a paid-for font package or free.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ... my document/fonts are now displaying correctly. But, the
documents now have a signature problem "At least one
signature has problems", even when there are no signatures on the document
or after signatures are validated.
8-)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to help and I'm glad to read that your issue was resolved.

But you're like a riddle and not answering important questions. 

The signature issue... what issue? share screenshots, a log file, a dump file... so the Adobe reprtesentative can look at it.

I assume I did my part to answer your initial inquiry correctly. If my suggestions didn't help and you were able to figure out the font pack issue on your own  you should share your feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joeyngan

Could you please share some PDF files at ajain@adobe.com that are still not working for you with latest builds so that we can try to reproduce the issue at our end ?

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0